- This event has passed.
Training: Be an Exhibition Curator
October 23, 2017 @ 6:30 pm - October 30, 2017 @ 9:30 pm UTC+0Free
Join our professional, hands-on training and be part of a pioneering curator team. Help us create a legacy!
Monday 23 October, 18:30-21:30, Central London
- What? The basics of exhibition curating; Writing for exhibitions, working with key messages, writing for audiences, editing, working with oral histories/oral transcripts (with special focus on Rainbow Pilgrims)
- Who? Led by Charlotte Kingston (Content Developer and Scriptwriter for Museums and Exhibitions; Lead Curator and Exhibition Coordinator for our previous Twilight People & Rainbow Jews Exhibition in 2014).
- Why? We will use our new set of skills to conceptualise and create a groundbreaking multi-media pop-up touring exhibition to be launched for LGBT History Month 2017 in London.
Training part II)
Monday 30 October, 18:30-21:15, Central London (exact address only with our confirmation email of your place)
- What? Intro to data-driven storytelling. Will cover writing concepts, looking for stories in a dataset and sketching your own data visualisation ideas.
- Who? Led by Ella Hollowood (Assistant Editor at Beyond Words Studio, previously worked at Information is Beautiful)
- Why? We’re looking for ways to incorporate data-driven storytelling into our groundbreaking multi-media pop-up touring exhibition to be launched for LGBT History Month 2017 in London.
Cost & Expenses? Participation is free.
Attendees are expected to donate a minimum of 7 hours/month until February 2018 to help produce the Rainbow Pilgrims exhibition. Flexible hours and tasks.
Reasonable travel expenses and other expenses are paid. Except for the training session, participation in the curator group can be remote via PC.
Limited places. Please express your interest via this link
‘It’s going to be such an exciting journey, we hope you’re on board!’ – Shaan (project coordinator)